Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Motif Dress and Skirt and Top Separates







Final projects:

*Draping Class constructed a georgette dress, a similar fabric to chiffon--drapes well, and moves a lot when sewing. Dress has a lining and invisible zipper at the side seam. Our task was to create a design that went into our motif or point of emphasis---and that point of emphasis being in a shape that was a source of inspiration from a vacation we took. Mine was fall seasons back home in Chicago, and I sewed on felt leaves as my motif with brightly colored contrasting thread. Pleats were used into the motif and gathering at back.


*Pattern Drafting Class-constructed a skirt and top from different patterns and elements that I have been learning. Kept it simple yet challenging for me to construct and sew as I am continuing to learn. Front pleats at shoulder and hem on the top, and took my existing skirt pattern and added fullness to make it a more A-line silhouette. And of course, last but not least--my favorite part which consists of me getting to decorate and paint on it--which I did on the skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment